In our visitor centre you will find information displays, a gift shop, light refreshments and easily accessible facilities. Our well-stocked gift shop includes the following items:
- Locally produced Chalice Mead, made traditionally with happy bees living in Hampshire woodland nearby. Flavours include traditional honey, elderflower, hawthorn, nettle and chilli.
- Guidebooks and historical books for children and adults on the Stone Age, Iron Age, Romans and Saxons, plus books on prehistoric life and traditional crafts like flintknapping and cooking.
- Local Hampshire honey from Froxfield, and honey/lavender scented natural soaps.
- Handspun wool skeins from the East Hampshire Spinners, who enjoy practising the art of spinning, weaving and dying.
- Pocket-money souvenirs for families, including stationery, badges, cuddly toys, colouring sheets, bead bracelets, necklaces, mood rings, swords, axes and Roman coins.
- Stunning jewellery items made by our bronze caster Jim and other metalworkers. These pieces are unique and make wonderful birthday and Christmas presents.
- Firewood bundles made from the scrap oak wood from our Saxon treewright’s workshop. These are £1 each and include shavings for firelighting and kindling to grow your fire using local, sustainable wood.
- Greetings cards, Christmas cards and postcards, plus original artwork and prints of the site by our resident artist Steve Whitehead.