In our visitor centre you will find information displays, a gift shop, light refreshments and easily accessible facilities. Our well-stocked gift shop includes the following items:
- Locally produced Chalice Mead, made traditionally with happy bees living in Hampshire woodland nearby. Flavours include traditional honey, elderflower, hawthorn, nettle and chilli.
- Guidebooks and historical books for children and adults on the Stone Age, Iron Age, Romans and Saxons, plus books on prehistoric life and traditional crafts like flintknapping and cooking.
- Local Hampshire honey from Froxfield, and honey/lavender scented natural soaps.
- Handspun wool skeins from the East Hampshire Spinners, who enjoy practising the art of spinning, weaving and dying.
- Pocket-money souvenirs for families, including stationery, badges, cuddly toys, colouring sheets, bead bracelets, necklaces, mood rings, swords, axes and Roman coins.
- Stunning jewellery items made by our bronze caster Jim and other metalworkers. These pieces are unique and make wonderful birthday and Christmas presents.
- Firewood bundles made from the scrap oak wood from our Saxon treewright’s workshop. These are £1 each and include shavings for firelighting and kindling to grow your fire using local, sustainable wood.
- Greetings cards, Christmas cards and postcards, plus original artwork and prints of the site by our resident artist Steve Whitehead.
With thanks to the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development Europe, who generously funded the refurbishment of our gift shop in March 2017.